10.11.2019 - 21:37 Uhr
atptour.com
Lukasz Kubot and Marcelo Melo made a winning return to the Nitto ATP Finals on Sunday, beating Ivan Dodig and Filip Polasek 4-6, 6-4, 10-5.Making their third straight appearance as a team at The O2, the 2017 finalists saved five of seven break points to move to 1-0 in Group Jonas Bjorkman after one hour and 40 minutes. With their second victory in four FedEx ATP Head2Head clashes against Dodig and Polasek, Kubot and Melo improve to 45-20 as a team this year.The Polish-Brazilian duo joins Raven Klaasen and Michael Venus with a 1-0 record in Group Jonas Bjorkman play. Klaasen and Venus overcame Rajeev Ram and Joe Salisbury 6-3, 6-4 in the afternoon session.[WATCH LIVE 1]
  

Like

Kommentieren

Mehr Nachrichten zu
Kubot, Lukasz

19.11.2020 - 22:15 Uhr
atptour.com

Second seeds Rajeev Ram and Joe Salisbury claimed a thrilling victory in the longest doubles match of the week to see off Kevin Krawietz and Andreas Mies and seal their first Nitto ATP Finals semi-final berth as a team.Ram and Salisbury had come up just short in their team debut last year after amassing a 1-2 record in the round-robin stage. They were determined to improve in 2020 as they started their campaign in London with a victory over former finalists Lukasz Kubot and Marcelo Melo, but things got complicated as they lost in straight sets to US Open finalists Wesley Koolhof and Nikola Mektic.The result was a winner-moves-on shootout against Krawietz and Mies to determine the second semi-finalists out of Group Mike Bryan. Ram and Salisbury stayed solid as they rallied to save two set points to take the opening set, and recovered emphatically after dropping the second to pull away in the Match Tie-break, 7-6(5), 6-7(4), 10-4.[WATCH LIVE 2]“Obviously so, so happy to come through that there and get through to the semi-finals,” Salisbury said. “Last year we had a similar situation of having won one and lost one, and then it went to a third-set tie-break and we lost out in that one. So to come through today is a great feeling.“We had to fight so hard to get through that, I think everyone was feeling the nerves at the start. In that first set, it wasn’t the highest quality match, but then it got better and better throughout. We stayed strong and played a great tie-break in the end.”The Australian Open champions now join tournament debutants Koolholf and Mektic in the semi-finals, after the fifth seeds clinched the top spot out of Group Mike Bryan on Wednesday. Both teams are still in contention to finish the year at the top of the FedEx ATP No. 1 Doubles Team Rankings.

Interessante Nachrichten

04.08.2021 - 20:30 Uhr
atptour.com

Australian Nick Kyrgios has accepted a wild card into the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers, Tennis Canada announced Wednesday.This will be the seventh time the 26-year-old has competed in Canada’s ATP Masters 1000 event, where he owns a 5-6 record.“I’m really pleased to be playing in Toronto this year,” Kyrgios said in a statement. “I’ve always enjoyed my time in Canada and have great memories of playing there. Hopefully I can play well and put on a good show for my Canadian fans.”At Wimbledon, Kyrgios played his first tournament outside Australia since February 2020 in Acapulco. The World No. 77 has since played in Atlanta and Washington. He is 7-5 on the season.The National Bank Open Presented by Rogers will be held from 9-15 August in Toronto. The tournament alternates between Toronto and Montreal.

your_interactive_betslip

loading...