Zur Höchstquote wetten:
Mehr Nachrichten zu
By: Hans ThemistodeBoxers around the world have been affected negatively by COVID-19. But none more so than Heavyweight contender Luis Ortiz. At 41 years of age, the former WBA interim world champion has become a ticking time bomb. He hasn't shown any signs of slowing down, but Father Time has a close eye on him. At one point, Ortiz (31-2, 26 KOs) was known as the boogieman of the division, but two stoppage losses to former WBC titlist Deontay Wilder quickly changed that narrative. But even with Wilders right hand permanently tattooed on his forehead, Ortiz still has hopes of becoming the first Cuban born Heavyweight world champion. For now though, he simply sits back and waits until the phone rings for another opportunity. “I've stayed at home like everyone else,'" Ortiz said to George Ebro. "But I've remained active, with proper physical preparation. I already have my ring at home and there I do the exercises. I've been told I could fight again between August or September. In any case, I'll be ready.”A third fight with Wilder is out of the question. But with title holders such as Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua, the Cuban big man still has plenty of options. For now, it’s all about placing himself in a win, win situation, which is easier said than done. Both Wilder and Fury have a third date penciled in for one another, while Joshua on the other hand has a candlelit dinner of his own with Kubrat Pulev. Other contenders such as Dillian Whyte, Dereck Chisora, Oleksandr Usyk and Daniel Dubois all have previously booked matchups as well. With that being said, there is a recently un retired former world champion who is currently in search of his own dance partner at the moment as well.“I'm not a boxer sitting down to pick names for some convenience," Ortiz added. "I'm going against whoever it is and whoever I want. Now there's a lot of talk about Mike Tyson's return. If he wants to, I'll even go against him. I just need a name and a date.”The post Luis Ortiz Open to Mike Tyson Bout appeared first on BoxingInsider.com.
By: Hans ThemistodeMarvin Hagler and Tommy Hearns gave boxing fans three rounds of unforgettable violent fun. Other all-time great fighters such as Roberto Duran and Ray Leonard gave us consecutive contests that resulted in back and forth action. While both matchups left fans on the edge of their seats, they came well over 35 years ago. And although they both rank as some of most memorable matches ever, they’ve been out of the vault for far too long. For months on end, boxing fans have been forced to watch classic matchups due to COVID-19. But now, it appears that those aforementioned contests can be put back in the vault. The Nevada State Athletic Commission has approved for live boxing to return next month with two shows already on tap for the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. “Boxing is back,” said media relations director of Top Rank, Evan Korn on his Twitter account. “Nevada Commission approves Top Rank dates for June 9 & 11th Las Vegas.”From the moment COVID-19 grew from a blimp on the radar to a full blown worldwide pandemic, the boxing schedule had the sort of matchups that boxing fans were begging for. From WBO Super Featherweight champion Jamel Herring taking on former titlist Carl Frampton, to Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury 3, fans had plenty to look forward too. But much like Wilders quick first round knockout of Dominic Breazeale in early 2019, COVID-19 changed everything in the blink of an eye. Now however, nearly three months from the last live boxing match in the United States, normalcy seems to be on its way. Somewhat.“I’ve been working with the executives from Top Rank,” Bob Bennett, the NSAC’s executive director, said during a meeting. “I’ve reviewed their operations plan. They’re still in the process of completing it. It’s very comprehensive. We’re moving in the right direction. I’m pleased to see that we are all working in concert with a closed-system event. I expect it to be very successful.”First up on the June 9th card will be WBO Featherweight titlist Shakur Stevenson as he’ll be looking to turn back Felix Caraballo in a ten round non title Super Featherweight contest. Two days later on June 11th, former Super Bantamweight champion Jessie Magdaleno and Yenifel Vicente will be going head to head in a catchweight bout contested at 128 pounds. It isn’t exactly the high profile fights that fans were looking forward to. However, boxing has to start somewhere.The post The Nevada State Athletic Commission Clears The Way For Boxing to Return Next Month in Las Vegas appeared first on BoxingInsider.com.
By: Hans ThemistodeFormer Heavyweight champion Mike Tyson has yet another offer on the table. One that he may not be able to walk away from. Raking in tens of millions of dollars was once a normal occurrence for Tyson. It isn't surprising. After all, the youngest Heavyweight titlist in boxing history repeatedly left his opponents clinging for life after a few minutes into his contests. At 53 years of age, he may not possess the same knockout as he did in his younger years, but his ability to draw viewers to a television screen seems to be as strong as ever. It’s been a decade and a half since Tyson has stepped foot inside of a boxing ring. But the former Heavyweight champion has used this worldwide pandemic to get himself back into fighting shape. Tyson isn't eyeing a title shot against unified champion Anthony Joshua. He also doesn't seem interested in ending the debate of who hits the hardest between himself and former WBC belt holder Deontay Wilder. Instead, Tyson has expressed interest in taking part in a few exhibition matchups for charity. And while getting a glimpse inside of the ring would draw a massive crowd, current President of Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship David Feldman, would rather Tyson bring that attention to his sport. And he is prepared to pay a hefty price in order for the former champion to do so. “I want to see if we can make the Mike thing happen, period, and then we’ll start talking opponents. We’re not successful yet in making that Mike thing happen. But I don’t think the door’s shut. He did say no immediately. But I think there’s room there.”Not only does Feldman believe there is room, but he also believes he has the perfect opponent lined up. And regardless of what MMA star Tito Ortiz has recently said to the media in terms of an offer being on the table for him to face Tyson, Feldman has someone else in mind. “I didn’t offer that (to Ortiz),” Feldman said. “I'm not sure that it really draws. I think a Wanderlei Silva, someone of that nature. No matter how old Silva gets, he’s dangerous, and I think that would be an intriguing matchup. Something like that, but I don’t actually have anything in mind right now.”The post Bare Knuckle President David Feldman Hopes to Match Tyson Up With Wanderlei Silva appeared first on BoxingInsider.com.
By: Oliver McManusWith boxingon hold for the foreseeable future, at least in the form we know it, BoxingInsider is taking a look at top prospects to keep an eye on when the sportreturns. The five names below cover bantamweight, super bantamweight andfeatherweight: they all, naturally, have different ceilings to their abilitybut, most importantly, they all pack some entertaining punch!As with last week we will start proceedings witha sumptuous Uzbek talent. Shakhobidin Zoirov is another pearlfrom the far-flung country with Gold at the 2016 Rio Olympics and 2019 WorldChampionships in Yekaterinburg. Both those triumphs came at 52kg and southpawnow competes in the slightly heavier bantamweight division (53.5kg). Havingdebuted in April last year, Zoirov made light work of Anthony Holt (5-4-1): aslam-dunk straight left hand inside of 20 seconds and that was that. Since thenhe’s moved to 3-0 in equally breezy fashion.Elie Konki, as it stands, is one of the more advanced fighters on this list, to date, having captured the EBU-EU bantamweight title in December. The Frenchman, a Rio 2016 competitor, first caught my attention with a real nip-and-tuck encounter against Benedikt Croze for the French bantamweight title in 2018. In that fight he was forced to work under pressure but looked comfortable on the back-foot and dug deep to grind the win. Since then the 28 year old defended his title, with relative comfort, on three occasions and hand Sebastian Perez (12-0-1 at the time) his first loss to claim the EU strap.Comparisons between Dennis McCann and NaseemHamed are as frequent as rainfall in Quibdo, Colombia (the world’s rainiestcity, in case you didn’t work it out). There are undeniable similarities andthe influence is clear: whilst McCann has some polishing work to do youwouldn’t expect anything less from a 19 year old prodigy. Guided by FrankWarren, you can be assured that he’ll take the right steps at the right timeand he’s already tested the durability of four of his six opponents. Despitefacing journeymen, again to be expected, he does so in an eye catching mannerthat ensures they leave the ring wondering just what they’d been up against.Another southpaw making the list is 21 year old RaymondFord who has looked every bit as ‘Savage’ as his nickname would suggest.A 2018 U.S Golden Gloves champion there was significant clamour for hissignature on a promotional contract and it was Eddie Hearn who secured it. Partof a new dawn with Matchroom USA the, once, Olympic contender has reallysettled in the paid ranks with five wins inside nine months of his pro debut.That included a four round pasting of, noticeably teak tough, AleksandrsBirkenbergs and two well worked stoppages in Phoenix and Providence. Don’tsleep on him because Raymond Ford looks cut out for the very top.Musashi Mori is yet anotheryoung fighter coming out of Japan that looks like a superstar in the making.One bonus, you could say, of boxing in Japan is that, almost certainly, by thetime you’re ready to burst onto the world scene you remain very much a hiddengem. Mori is one such name having already worked his way up the WBO rankings byway of their Asia-Pacific featherweight belt. At 20 years of age and 11-0 sincehis debut in December 2016 the southpaw is consistently maturing in the ring.The word coming out of Japan, at the start of the year anyway, was that hewould contest a bona-fide world title in 2020 and, whilst that may well be onhold, the ambition certainly isn’t.The post Prospect Watch: Bantamweight, Super Bantamweight, and Featherweight appeared first on BoxingInsider.com.
Nach Dopingskandalen meldet sich Schwergewicht Jarrell Miller zurück! „Big Baby“ soll als Headliner auf einer ESPN-Card auf Jerry Forrest treffen. Schwergewichtler Jarrell Miller vor Top Rank Debüt gegen Jerry Forrest Wie mehrere Quellen berichten, soll Schwergewicht Jarrell Miller (23-0-1 20 KOs) am 9. Juli wieder in den Ring steigen. Auf einer auf ESPN ausgestrahlten Card, […]The post Top Rank Debüt: Jarrell Miller vs. Jerry Forrest am 9. Juli appeared first on Boxen1.com - aktuelle Boxen News.
Schattenboxer – das ist Hinterhof. Das ist die Farbschicht, die von Betonwänden abblättert, an denen Bilder kleben: manche schwarz, manche weiss und einige bunt. Schattenboxer – Die Geschichte von Emanuel Augustus Von einem Kämpfer, der sich selbst Dragon Master nannte, aber von anderen Drunken Master gerufen wurde Wir wissen es von unzähligen Beispielen: Talent plus […]The post Schattenboxer Teil 11: Emanuel Augustus appeared first on Boxen1.com - aktuelle Boxen News.